Company related questions
- Do you currently have a website? What is the URL?
- Describe the products/services you sell.
- Who are your main competitors? How do you differ?
- What are your top 3 frustrations with your current website?
- What do you like most about your current website?
- What do your current competitors website have that you aspire to?
- Age range of your target client base
Project related questions
- Technical skill level of your client base. Have a scale ranging from zero to ten with zero being the least technologically skilled and ten being the best.
- Will your visitors require any special needs? Mobile version of site, multiple language support, larger type for easier reading, etc.)
- Imagine your website in 5 years from now.
Complete the sentence: I know my website works because…
- Name 3 things that are most important about the design of your new website.
- Name 3 things that is least important in the design of your new website.
- Do you have any color preferences, existing brand colors, and/or colors you do/not wish to include?
- What are some existing websites that appeal to you? Provide links if possible.
- Deadline, timing or exact date of completion for your website
- Do you have a budget you are trying to meet?
- Do you need to be able to update the website on your own? (ie: CMS)
- Will this be an e-commerce website? Will you be selling any products or taking payments on your website?
- Do you need a copywriter? If you are using existing copy on your current website, will it need to be modified in any way?
- Is your logo and other imagery web ready?
- Do you have all images that you would like to be included in your website or would you like the designer to use imagery where appropriate?
- How will you be updating the site in the future (if they are not using a CMS)?
- Will you be needing an additional SEO help (registering with search engines, adding businesses to Google Business Center, Analytic setup, etc.)
- Do you already have a domain and hosting setup for your new website?
If so, do you have the FTP and host log in information accessible?
- Any specific features you would like included? Log in ability, calendars, forums, blog, subscription services (RSS, email or newsletters)?